Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Do ya think we got 'im?

"Do ya think we got 'im?"

This afternoon, I stood in a long line at Tractor Supply buying cat food, dog food and a Coca-Cola.  My mother's words echoed in my head--"Like your great Grandma Ogle--never met a stranger."  I couldn't resist leaning over my cart to ask the man behind me, "So, what do you think of the big news?"  He replied, "Some people think we hadn't got 'im.  Do ya think we got 'im?"  I stood there a few moments contemplating this question and then replied, "Yes, I believe we got him."  I also added that killing a leader of any hate group only kills the leader—not the hate.

Taking it on FAITH

As a people, we are impervious to lies from politicians or from our governments.  Politicians are notorious liars.  I have nothing factual on which to base my belief that Osama is dead.  I wasn't there to witness his demise.  I didn't see the body or test the DNA.  I actually have FAITH that this is the truth.  The consequences of it being a lie are just too great to take.


How it should have gone down—in my opinion…

I don’t think it was necessary for “America” (Obama) to take credit for Bin Laden’s death.  Dead is dead.  If there ever was to be a lie to protect our nation, this would have been the time to tell a good one.  “So…I was just walking along and tripped on this dead guy and guess what?  It was that man on the wanted poster!”  I like the sound of that much better than we hunted him down and shot him in the face.


Driving home I took in the green scenery:  grass lands, cows, trees and a big blue Texas sky.   I thought the day news of Hitler's suicide spread the world.  I thought about my parents.  My dad was 13 at the time and my mother, 10.   I thought about the relief they must have felt knowing that SOME hate would be dispelled, the genocide under his orders would stop and the fear spell lifted from his army.  This is not the end of the story, just a new beginning.

4 comments:

  1. I truly believe the real bad guy died five years ago, probably from old age or kidney dialysis.
    They set up his double to keep the spirit of the revolution alive amongst the Al Quida. How would that look if their fearless leader just keeled over. (I saw this exact same thing on an episode of Mash.)
    They still got a leader, The US is happy he is dead. The Pakistani get to keep a secret and our billions in aid.
    Because on the surface we are still chasing him keeping our spirit (hate) alive enough to support 3 wars.
    Something went wrong. I can't figure it out but the truth was gonna get out.
    Obama , took advantage of an opportunity and spruced up his electorate.
    And there you have it Davidvision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davidvision. Thank you for your comment! So what do you think about providing a DNA match? Some politicians are saying they would like that more than photos. Having been a DNA researcher, I don't think it would prove a damn thing. Dead is dead--I just don't like the STORY--yours sounds more like it but you are right, it just would not have provided most with the "justice" being sought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of walking down the road and tripping over Osama Bin Laden (OB for short). After all, we have spent billions turning Afghanistan from a country with lots of big rocks into a country with small rocks. We haven't been there long enough to make "sand out of 'em." Can't you hear the dialog? "Hey, Barak Obama (BO). Where'd you get them nice sandles?!" He'd reply, "Off a dead terrorist!"
    But...what does that make us? I can appreciate the idea of "justice" where everyone pays for their deeds; however, doesn't this make us terrorists? When BO killed OB, what was really accomplished? It smells too much like an attempt to redeem the bad rap BO gets. It doesn't matter which way the wind blows, BO still gets the credit. BO is a problem in America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pragmatic and funny! Would you like to write a column for The People's Country for me?

    ReplyDelete